LudumDare #23 Update!
April 21, 2012
Here is a collection of the first two updates so far! Less than 24 hours to go now!
- 7 hours in! This is what I’ve done so far:
- I’ve more or less scoped down a game concept, which can be summarized in the following sentence: “Run, jump and shoot around tiny worlds as an inter-galactic archer”
- I’m both live-streaming everything at: http://www.livestream.com/oddgoo and recording a time lapse to post after the game is done.
- Orbital movement is done, as well as shifting planets! This was made easy thanks to some public code by generous users at the Unity3d forum
- Nailed down a planet-making workflow with Sculptris, and a pixelated style using Rage-Pixel.
Overall I feel like I am on track. Not intensely ahead or cocky, but not frustrated or desperate either. I have the basics down, the tools, the means, and the concept to move ahead, now its just a matter of seeing how far I can take it and with how much polish, which is of course the most important thing.
- Lilac.27 is born.
- It has been given a name and a style path.
- It has a character with 8-directional movement.
- She shoots arrows that follow trajectories around the little planets.
- She can hop from planet to planet.
This universe has a starry depth to it and features some nice simple effects like moving pixel water.